My aunt just died of metastisis cancer that originated from breast cancer. Should I say that she died from breast cancer?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Yes; wherever it metastasised to, it was still breast cancer. If breast cancer metastasises to, for example, the lungs it is not lung cancer but breast cancer. Sorry to hear about your aunt
Yes, because she did. No matter where it spread to, it was STILL breast cancer. My doctor told me that the cells from each type cancer is different from another, no matter where it started. For example, if it started on a lung, and cells moved to a kidney, the cancer cells on the kidney would have the same structure as those on the lung.
Hi. I'm sorry about your aunt. I agree with the others, but with a minor addition: I don't know how technical you want the answers to be, but it's most accurate to say she died of "complications of breast cancer". That would be things like respiratory arrest, liver failure or infections like pneumonia that overtake the immune system which gets hammered by chemo. But in everyday convo, yes it was breast cancer
Read more discussions :
- I am starting chemo on monday for breast cancer
- I need some great fundraising ideas for Breast Can...
- Why are people so awkward when I talk about my mom...
- How can men have breast cancer
- Should I get a breast cancer support tattoo
- Why do they have breast cancer walks
- Where can i find breast cancer ribbon room decor
- My Great Grandmother Had Breast Cancer. What Are t.